The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011, and paid by means of a specific grant based on school census figures for pupils registered as eligible for free school meals in Reception to Year 11.
It is still paid to the school for eligible Key Stage 1 pupils, even though these children are now given school meals free of charge.
It is up to each school to decide how best to use this funding and at Bollinbrook we use the pupil premium for the following:
- providing intervention programmes and additional 1:1 lessons with specialist teachers to improve attainment;
- improving children’s capacity to engage in learning and the school community through a range of activities which will not be charged for, including trips, residentials and swimming lessons in year 4;
- improving inclusion, including one-to-one support;
- working with families to support engagement in learning;
- support to individual children to enable them to participate in school life or develop specific interests and talents, including contributions to music lessons, up to a nominated figure;
The indicative Pupil Premium Grant allocated to Bollinbrook School for the financial year 2020-21 is £37194.